Posted on

Letter to the Editor: Supervisors seek Floyd County residents to serve on boards and commissions

By Roy Schwickerath, Floyd County Supervisor

The Floyd County Board of Supervisors is looking for Floyd County citizens who would be interested in serving on county boards.

Recently, the state of Iowa made changes concerning representation on county zoning commissions and boards of adjustment. Besides the current state of Iowa requirement to be gendered-balanced whenever possible, this change now requires all members of these commissions and boards to reside in the unincorporated areas of their county. (In the past, membership was a combination of city and rural residents.)

Because of this new change, Floyd County is seeking one female member for the Zoning Commission and two members for the Board of Adjustment with one of these being a female.

If you are interested in applying to serve on either one of these or any of our other boards or commissions, you can fill out an application found on our website –

The Board of Supervisors is responsible for appointing members to represent our county on 15 different boards and commissions, so your willingness to serve is greatly appreciated.

Any questions please contact me, Roy Schwickerath, or 641-330-6888.

Social Share